Instruction and Workshops:|
It is our nature to create. Within each of us, there is a force that tugs at us from within to create and it often feels like a deep longing.
1. Free Your Creative Spirit through a 2-day intensive workshop
Take two days to dig deep and discover and express your creativity through your medium and activity of choice. This workshop is for anyone who wants to be more creative and innovative in anything that they do, whether work, the arts, hobbies or relationships. During the workshop, you will learn about the creative process in general and explore your own creative process in a safe confidential environment free of criticism or judgement. You will learn to recognize obstacles or blocks that interfere with your creativity, and you will set your own set of creative goals. A combination of presentations, interactive discussion, meditation, writing, journaling and painting will be used to uncover your blocks, set your goals and unleash your creativity. On the second day, you will complete a short creative project.
Following the workshop, attendees may choose to have a one-on-one session with the facilitator to discuss their specific creative issues.
Contact the artist for workshop dates/schedule.
2. Creativity Group Sessions
Explore and discuss your own creative process in a series of 8 weekly 2 hour meetings with a small group of 5 to 6 individuals. Work on finding your process, inspiration and setting personal creative goals through a series of discussions and exercises to free and stimulate your creativity. This workshop is suited for anyone who wants to be more creative or innovative, whether at work, in the arts, sports or hobbies.
SKYPE group - Wednesdays 6:30-8:30 PM Pacific Time, May-June 2016
Visit www.CarlaWeaver.ca or www.CarlaWeaver.com for more workshop information. Register at www.CarlaWeaver.ca
| ||I was raised in Saskatchewan, and have lived in Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver, Delta, the Cowichan Valley and Mexico, and I travel as often as I can. I now reside in White Rock, BC.
I have studied art at the Alberta College of Art, Emily Carr College of Art and Design and UBC. In 1991, I received my BA in Fine Art and in 1993 my Master of Arts from UBC.
I am an Active member of the Federation of Canadian Artists and a member of the South Delta Artists Guild, the Delta Community Arts Council and the Surrey Arts Council. I am a Past President of the South Delta Artists Guild. I served on its Board for ten years as President (3) Past President (2) Secretary (1) and Chair of the Gallery Committee (4).
My studio, located in White Rock, BC, is open by appointment.
I currently have work up at Whitby's Coffee Shop on Marine Drive in White Rock, BC.
My work can be seen at The Longhouse Centre for the Arts, South Delta Artists' Guild, 1710 56th Street, Tsawwassen, BC on an ongoing basis. Shows are changed monthly the last week of every month.
From time to time, my work is also shown at the Federation Gallery on Granville Island.
1992 - Alice E. Wilson Award, Canadian Federation of University Women
| ||My work is in various private collections in Canada, the United States and Mexico.
| ||My work was published on the cover of "Exemplary Research" by Dr. Peter Frost. I also participated in the Poets and Painters book published by the South Delta Artists Guild (2009). Contact me or visit www.SouthDeltaArtistsGuild.com to purchase the Poets and Painters book.
Prints of my work are available in various sizes on canvas. They are also available on paper matted and ready for framing in either a 16" x 20" or 11" x 14" standard frame. Purchases can be made on this website (under catalog) using Paypal. If you have questions, contact the artist by email for more information.
Art cards and matted prints are available with any of my images on them. The cards are 5" x 7", blank inside, and come with a plain envelope. Cards are $5.00 each or buy 5, get 1 free, and can be ordered by emailing the artist.
Previous Solo Exhibitions:
- Expressing My Creative Spirit - Havana Gallery, Vancouver, BC, October 2010.
- Recent Work - Sukh Dhaliwal's Constituency Office - June 2010, November 2010.
- Recent Work - Surrey Board of Trade, May 2010.
- Piecing it All Together, Tsawwassen Centre of the Arts, July 2009.
- Bean Town Coffee House, Dunbar St., Vancouver, July 2006, June 2007
- Delta Public Library, Delta, BC, August 2004, September 2007.
- Squamish Public Library & Art Gallery, November-December 2006.
- Performance Works, Vancouver, BC. October 1999.
- Plaskett Gallery, New Westminster, BC, August 1997
- In The Arts Gallery, Victoria, BC, September 1996.
- Chemainus Theatre Gallery, Chemainus, BC, September/October 1996.
- Hycroft, University Women's Club, Vancouver, BC, 1995.
- The Lawcourts Inn, Provincial Courthouse, Vancouver, BC, March 1995.
- Citizens Trust, Vancouver, BC, June/July 1994.
- Faculty Lounge Gallery, Faculty of Commerce, University of British Columbia, May 1994.
- Graduating Show, University Golf Club, Vancouver, BC, November 1993.
- Lutheran Campus Centre, University of British Columbia, February 1993.
- AMS Gallery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, January 1992.
- AMS Gallery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, October 1990.
Previous Group Shows:
- Landscapes Show, Federation of Canadian Artists, Granville Island, Vancouver, BC, 2008.
- Semi-Abstract Show, Federation of Canadian Artists, Granville, Island, Vancouver, BC, May 2007, May 2008.
- Art in the City, West End Community Center, May 2007, May 2008.
- Autumn Show, Richmond Arts Council Juried Exhibition, Courtyard Galleria, Richmond, BC, September 2006, September 2008.
- Oil and Water, Juried Exhibition, South Delta Artists Guild, Tsawwassen, BC - August 2006, 2007, 2008.
- Carla Weaver, Donna D'Aquino, South Delta Artists' Guild Longhouse Gallery, October 2006.
- Carla Weaver, Faith Love-Robertson, Bonnie Kramer, Geoffrey Richardson, South Delta Artists' Guild Longhouse Gallery, 2005.
- ArtSpacific, Firehall Centre for The Arts, Delta Arts Council, Delta, BC, 2005, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.
- Student Show, Federation of Canadian Artists Gallery, Vancouver, BC, 2005.
- Small, Smaller, Smallest, Federation of Canadian Artists Gallery, 1997, 2004.
- Art Odyssey, Chemainus BC, 2003, 2004.
- Flower Power, Old School House Gallery, Qualicum Beach, BC, 2004.
- Changing Light, Federation of Canadian Artists Gallery, 2003.
- Altered States, Federation of Canadian Artists Gallery, 2002, 2003.
- Burnaby Arts Council Spring Juried Show, 2003, 2007.
- Art in the Park, Douglas Park Community Centre, Vancouver, BC, 2001.
- New Artists Gallery, Vancouver, BC, 1996.
- Mill Bay Community League Spring Art Show and Sale, Mill Bay Community Centre, Mill Bay, BC, 1996.
- Spring Art Show, Cowichan Valley Community Arts Council, Native Heritage Centre, Duncan, BC, 1996.
- Intermountain Artists Juried Exhibition, Evelyn O. Royce Art Gallery, Fall River Mills, CA, 1994, 1995.
- Verse and Vision, Cowichan Theatre Gallery, Cowichan Valley
- Community Arts Council, Duncan, BC, 1995.
- Rhododendrons and Companions Galore, The Old School House Gallery and Art Centre, Qualicum Beach, BC, 1995.
- Spirit of Women, Cowichan Theatre Gallery, Cowichan Community Arts Council, Duncan, BC, 1995.
- Artisans '95, Community Arts Council of Sidney and North Saanich, Sidney, BC, 1995.